Homelessness Awareness Week 2016 started with a launch event at New Street Day Centre on Saturday 20th February 2016 and ending with the Sleepout on Friday 26th.
The week may be over now but the need for raising awareness and taking action continues, so keep watching this space.
Events Listing :-
New Street Launch Event Saturday 20th February 12 noon to4 pm
– Display of artwork by service users of various organisations
– Display stands
The Bear Pit, Saturday 20th February 11 am to 5 pm
& Wednesday 24th February 11 am to 5 pm
– Display stands from various organisations
Open Doors Trail – some of the many organisations working with homeless people and those at risk of homelessness will be opening their doors to the public at specified times during the week.
A Trail Map will be available at the New Street and Bear Pit events & can be viewed here
Other events taking place during the week include
- LGBT Manifesto Consultation,
Tuesday 23rd February 5pm to 9om (Free to attend)
Venue : Trinity Centre, Trinity Road, BS2 0NW
For more information
- Mayoral Hustings, Thursday 25th February
– Invitation only event run by Bristol Supported Housing Forum
- Women’s Homelessness Services in Bristol – Information Sharing Fair, Thursday 25th February 12pm – 2pm
Venue: The Station Conference room, Silver St, Bristol BS1 2AG
Tea and coffee provided
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Homelessness Awareness Week is not just about the plight of homeless people and rough sleepers. It’s also about raising awareness of services that can help prevent homelessness.
Here are 2 examples
A 6 minute film Homelessness Awareness Week 2016.mov