Homeless Awareness Week 2018 ran from 24th February to 3rd March 2018.
A brief meeting was held on 20th March to review feedback from the week and start to consider where next . Many thanks to Jo Lenny from St Mungos for this Summary of the feedback meeting.
Sadly, due to the amber weather warnings for Thursday we have had to CANCEL the annual sleepout on Friday 2nd March.
Events planned – in addition to press releases and other media & social media coverage include
- Sunday 25th Feb, Keep Bristol Warm “I am not lost”
- Monday 26th Feb, Watershed, 3 part event
Click the links to book for each event separately
- Monday 26th to Thursday 29th, City Hall Park Street Vestibule
Art4change interactive art event
Exhibition and Mask Workshops from midday to 3pm
(Please note we need some volunteers to curate the exhibition – email for details/offers)
- Monday 26th to Friday 2nd March, City Hall Deanery Road Vestibule 10am to 4pm
HomelessPeople’An exhibition of artwork created by local homeless men, in order to capture and express their diversity and individuality
- Tuesday 27th 10-1 ARA 11-12 King Street. Open morning . An opportunity to find out more informationon services and support available.
- Wednesday 28th 1-4, St Mungos Recovery 1 New Street, St Judes, BS9 4DX. College Café Art open afternoon – Tea, Cake and Art. Everyone welcome
- Thursday 1st March 12 – 2pm, Community Room, Triodos Bank, Deanery Road
Bristol Women’s support services – find out about women’s services in Bristol. Guest speakers & light refreshments.
- Friday 2nd 12-3, St Mungos have a volunteer stand at Cabot Circus between HSBC & Fossil.
During the week across the city, University of Bristol students will be facilitating a survey on public perceptions of homelessness.
Graphics for use during the week are here.