For the 11th year running Bristol Homeless Forum arranged a sponsored sleepout at Central Church ( Pip’n’Jay) on Friday night 11th October 2019. In 2018 we were snowed off by the Beast from the East and have changed the season by popular demand.
5 organisations managed to gather teams of supporters to take part and despite the threat of persistent rain and large puddles around the church around 60 hardy souls slept out overnight. Estimates of the money raised are still vague but are expected to be around £15,000 overall.
We were visited by our Lord Mayor who heard of the event through Crisis Centre Ministries who must also be thanked enormously for their support with catering throughout the night.
Organisations who took part were :-
Julian Trust – https://www.juliantrust.org.uk/sleepout2019
The Big Issue – https://www.bigissue.org.uk/event/bristol-sleep-out
One25 – https://one25.org.uk/get-involved/fundraising-for-charity-bristol/sleep-out-bristol/
Crisis Centre Ministries – https://www.crisis-centre.org.uk/sleep-out-2019
See Change – https://bit.ly/2lSXyjs contact Alex Mills
Turnout for this years event was markedly lower than previous years, both in number of organisations and participants. While this was in some ways helpful (because of the reduced space around the church due to building works) we will be wanting to understand this better so next year can return to higher participation levels.
If you want to give any feedback on this years events or understand how to take part in 2020 please email us at email@example.com but do check the general conditions below first so you can understand how we try to run the event.
Successful registration will depend on
- Full completion of the application form (supplied on request)
- Payment of £5 per head for requested participants
- Acceptance of all conditions of participation which will include
- Taking full responsibility for the behaviour of and risks to your participants
- Providing evidence of adequate insurance cover for your participation
- Having named stewards on the evening to manage your participants and assist with the event overall.